Thursday, February 22, 2018

Bullying is Tied to the Lack of Delayed Gratification


Yes! Somebody (kinda) finally said it! Grow a pair of balls. Let it bounce off you. Why is stuff that i grew up with, that was self installed, is now some big new thing thing that requires it to be taught? Like the other day i saw a video of a mom teaching the pros on making kids wait. I was floored for the same reason. It sure is a different world now.

In my day it was calling teasing. It helped my friends stick up for one another Also it helped us to bond. Teasing, along with being included in regular classes, taught me there are nice people and mean people. Teasing taught me to choose to be around the nice people. That is one of the biggest lessons that i value. i might go far enough to say my childhood teasing, is a tiny part of why I’m still here today. It made me tough, it made me aware. It was my earliest memories of studying human behavior. You have to know human behavior to survive and thrive.

I do believe though, hurtful words hurt as bad as being punched.
You can protect yourself against words if you do it correctly.

Kids need to know one bad apple doesn't mean the world hates them and they should give up. (Delayed gratification! what-do-ya-know, my comment has come full circle)

Then again, when I was a kid I never had another kid threaten to kill me via a text message. So what do I know?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment