Thursday, August 27, 2009

If women ruled the world

I feel most women will stab another woman in the back in second. Women get in each other’s way before we’ll help each other. That’s the main reason I think women haven’t taken control of the modern world.

It’s a different atmosphere in a room full of women. I find myself on alert or uptight if I’m surrounded by other women. As if they might use anything I do and say against me at some point later down the road. (I feel like that because I’ve experienced or saw a ‘back stabbing’)
I find am able to be myself in a room full of guys though.
But maybe that’s just me.
I just feel like guys couldn’t careless and that takes the pressure off.

Yes, men can also betray but women will do it on a more personal level.
Some women are very critical of other women to the point of being counter productive to the women’s movement.

However, at times it seems like the women’s movement in the Sixties never happened at all.
There's still a stereotype that women need to be married with children to be fulfilled.
Can women have it all? Can she be wife, mother and have a career? Some women say yes and appear to be great at it. In my opinion, there are not enough hours in the day and one of the three will be neglected.
There's no pressure on men to be best at all three simultaneously. It's a double standard that I think will never change.

Another reason women may not rule is because men are physically stronger than women. It definitely started out that way in the caveman days and it was built upon throughout the years. But we've slowly seen a change in females/society in our modern world.

I think women do have some ‘softer’ qualities to mooze people in any environment. Or manipulate, whatever you want to call it.
Women’s problem solving skills are different than men. When making decisions, some men tend to live in the moment, whereas women think about the future. That’s one example of why I think women’s problem solving skills are better.

Men see things more black and white or cut and dry. When they have an argument it seems they really do put it behind them and move on. When the ladies argue it's all different shades of emotion being felt. Some ladies are grudge holders and let old issues color their judgment.

So, if women ruled the planet would it be better?
I dunno, given what I’ve said I’m not sure but it would definitely be different.

I do think if women ruled we would war just as much as we do now. The wars may be conducted differently or be about different issues than what we war about now.

I disagree with people who say men and women aren’t different. We are WAY different...the way we communicate, problem solve, grieve. But I believe men and women are different because we’re supposed to balance one another out. On the other hand, it’s aggravating as hell sometimes to live together because we’re so different. (I say from personal experience. Hehehe.) I don’t understand how anybody who has been in a long-term relationship can say the sexes are the same.

Would we have peace if women controlled the planet?
I think we all want peace, but when push comes to shove it’s extremely difficult to achieve and maintain. Every species wars, we just have guns and bombs. The warring gene or whatever you want to call it, is in every creature’s make up on the planet. We, the most evolved species has the will to fight the warring urge and problem solve in a non-violent way. Do we do overcome the urge? Yes, but not nearly enough.


ARTICLE: Think like a man -- and reap the rewards HERE


.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I agree that women hurt women more than anything and it is sad. Especially after all we have gone through to get where we are today.

    ReplyDelete